The Australian Open is back this year with all the fun and excitement of a tennis court. Starting from the 15th of Jan, the tournament will continue until the 28th of January.
If you’re one of those who want to watch the popular tournament online, then you’ve come to the right place. Because here, we’re sharing the secret recipe of bypassing geo-restricted content online.
How To Watch Australian Open 2017 Online For Free?
Streaming Australian Open live online has many benefits. You get to experience all the entertainment of the tennis court while you’re sitting inside the comfortable surroundings of your home.
You can easily live stream the Australian Open on the 7Tennis channel which is available for the Australian residents. People living outside Australia will need to follow the guide below because the 7Tennis channel isn’t available outside Australia.
Stream Australian Open 2018 Outside Australia?
Accessing the 7Tennis channel from Australia is not a problem. It’s for those who reside outside Australia who’ll run into problems if they try accessing the channel without taking any help.
7Tennis channel can be streamed for free. However, it is geo-blocked and unavailable elsewhere. To access the channel live online, you’ll need to use a VPN to change your IP address.
The following steps will help you in unblocking the 7Tennis channel and watching the matches online:
- Subscribe to a VPN
- Install the VPN app on your preferred device or system.
- Select “Australia” as your server location.
- Once you are connected. Visit 7Tennis on your browser.
- Enter any Australian postal code, 3000 for instance.
- Live stream all the matches online for free!
Where To Watch Australian Open 2018 – List Of TV Channels?
Other than the 7Tennis channel, where the matches can be streamed for free, there are still plenty of options for you to watch the tournament live online.
- Australia – Seven Network (Free)
- United States of America – ESPN, Tennis Channel
- Canada – TSN, RDS
- United Kingdom – EuroSport (Live), BBC 1, BBC 2 (Highlights only), BBC Iplayer (Free)
- Germany – Sport1
- Africa – Supersport
- India – SONYLIV (Free) – Required Indian Server from Sport VPN
- Global Coverage – ESPN International
Watch Australian Open On Kodi
To watch the Australian Open live online on Kodi, you’ll need to use a VPN to access the relevant addon on the platform.
After you’ve setup VPN on Kodi, you’ll need to install the ‘SuperTennis’ addon in your Kodi app.
Setting up the add-on is easy and can be done via the steps below:
- Go to the SYSTEM tab on Kodi main screen
- Navigate to the Settings option
- Select the Add-ons option
- Install from repository option
- Select the Kodi add-on repository option > Video add-ons option
- Select the SuperTennis add-on
Watch the Australian Open Live With a VPN
There are many channels like the 7Tennis which are geo-restricted to some countries only. Accessing these channels can be real pain if you don’t have the right tools at your disposal.
To unblock any blocked channels, you’ll need to make use of a VPN service with servers across the globe and speeds which match your streaming requirements. With a VPN, you can easily change your IP address to the location you desire, and unblock anything and everything on the web.
For example, if you reside in Asia and want to access a European sports channels, you can change your IP to the country where that channel is located and get direct access to its services despite the geo-restrictions.
We hope that the above guide proved useful in your hunt to watch the Australian Open live online.